Are you at risk for Vascular Disease?
Low cost | Pain-free | Noninvasive
Takes approximately 20 minutes
Significant risk factors:
- Age 50+
- Smoking history
- High cholesterol
- High blood pressure
- Family history of peripheral arterial disease, heart disease or stroke
Three simple screenings that detect vascular disease and can save your life:
- Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA)
- Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD)
- Carotid Artery Stenosis (Stroke Risk)
ABDOMINAL AORTIC ANEURYSM (AAA)
Abdominal aortic aneurysm is a weakening, bulging or ballooning of the major artery in the abdomen. A AAA can stretch the aorta beyond its safety margin causing it to burst or rupture. A ruptured aneurysm can cause severe internal bleeding which can lead to shock or even death.
- A pulsing sensation in your abdomen, similar to a heartbeat
- Severe, sudden pain in your abdomen or lower back
- On rare occasions, foot pain, discoloration or sores on the toes or feet
PERIPHERAL ARTERIAL DISEASE (PAD)
Your arteries carry blood rich in oxygen and nutrients from your heart to the rest of your body. Peripheral arterial disease is a result of narrowed arteries usually caused by a buildup of plaque that reduces blood flow most notably to your legs.
- Leg pain that goes away with rest
- Numbness, tingling or weakness in the legs
- Burning or aching pain in the feet or toes while resting
- A sore on a leg or a foot that will not heal
- Cold legs or feet
- Loss of hair on the legs and/or feet
- Impotence in men
CAROTID ARTERY STENOSIS (STROKE RISK)
Carotid artery stenosis is a narrowing or constriction of the carotid arteries (located in your neck) which causes reduced blood flow to the brain. Carotid artery stenosis is a major risk factor for stroke and can lead to brain damage and paralysis.
- Weakness, numbness or a tingling sensation on one side of your body
- Paralysis or numbness of the face, arm or leg
- Trouble seeing out of one or both eyes
- Trouble with speaking and understanding
- Severe headache
Vascular disease is among the leading causes of death in the United States. Millions of Americans who are at risk for stroke or death from vascular disorders are unaware of their risk. Call today to take advantage of these low-cost vascular screenings.
To schedule an appointment or for more information, please call us at 812-532-7500