Highpoint Health has partnered with Cincinnati GI to increase access to endoscopy services close to home. Currently at Highpoint Health, Cincinnati GI’s board-certified gastroenterologists are performing:
- screening, diagnostic and therapeutic colonoscopies
- diagnostic and therapeutic upper GI endoscopies
*you’re currently experiencing a GI problem and need to schedule an initial consultation
*you need a follow-up visit after your procedure,
you’ll need to schedule an appointment at a Cincinnati GI practice location (listed below).
OFFICE VISITS ARE NOT NECESSARY FOR SCREENING COLONOSCOPIES.
According to the Centers for Disease Control, you should begin screening for colorectal cancer soon after turning 50, then continue getting screened at regular intervals. However, you may need to be tested earlier than 50, or more often than other people, if you have:
- a personal history of colorectal cancer or certain types of polyps
- a family history of colorectal cancer
- a personal history of inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease)
- a confirmed or suspected hereditary colorectal cancer syndrome, such as familial adenomatous polyposis (FAP) or Lynch syndrome (hereditary non-polyposis colon cancer or HNPCC)
- a personal history of getting radiation to the abdomen or pelvic area to treat a prior cancer
To schedule a screening colonoscopy, please call any of the providers listed.
Cincinnati GI Providers:
David D. Hess, MD
Areas of expertise: gastroesophageal reflux disease, Barrett’s esophagus, irritable bowel syndrome, inflammatory bowel disease, colon polyps, colon cancer screening, liver disease, pancreatic and biliary tract disease
Consultation and follow-up location: Mercy West
Harold V. Loewenstine, MD
Areas of expertise: inflammatory bowel disease, cirrhosis, hepatitis, colitis, chronic reflux disease, colon cancer, diarrhea, constipation, irritable bowel syndrome, Barrett’s esophagus and pancreatic disease
Consultation and follow-up location: Norwood
Highpoint Health Providers:
Highpoint Health’s General & Vascular Surgery physicians
(Dr. Mike McAndrew, Dr. Mark McAndrew, Dr. Steven Weber) also perform screening and diagnostic colonoscopies and diagnostic endoscopies. Highpoint Health General & Vascular surgeons do require an office visit prior to a screening colonoscopy.
Consultation and follow-up location: Lawrenceburg