Welcome to Highpoint Health! Our priority is to not only provide our patients with extraordinary care and medical excellence but to extend our warm and compassionate care to those visiting with us as well. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
Please click here for directions to Highpoint Health.
Highpoint Health has unrestricted visiting, but we ask that you please be considerate of the patient at all times. However, during various seasons, visitation may be restricted to reduce the possible spread of disease, i.e. flu season.
A patient may request to restrict visitors at any time. The hospital would, at the request of the patient, change the patient to a confidential patient. The patient can change this request at any time.
COVID-19 Visitor Restrictions in Place
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work together to keep everyone safe!
NO VISITORS will be admitted into any clinical setting, with the following exceptions:
- A patient nearing end of life may have one visitor at a time.
- A patient delivering a baby may have one visitor.
- Adult patients undergoing surgery may have one visitor for the duration of the procedure.
Emergency department patients may have one visitor responsible for their transportation.
- The visitor will be asked to wait in his/her car while we treat the patient.
- We encourage both patients and visitors to bring their cell phones to support communication when necessary.
Other exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
For the allowed exceptions, these rules apply:
- No visitors who have traveled internationally or have been in contact with someone with a respiratory illness in the past 14 days.
- No visitation by anyone who displays signs or symptoms of illness (shortness of breath, cough, fever, possible exposure).
- No visitation by anyone who resides in a community with a known COVID-19 case.
- No visitors under the age of 18 will be permitted.
We understand these restrictions are not ideal, and we apologize for any inconvenience. Please remember these actions are necessary to protect the safety of our patients, visitors and healthcare team.
Visiting Hours: 6:30 am – 5:00 pm
Patients and visitors will only be able to enter through the hospital’s main lobby (6:30 am – 5:00 pm, Monday – Friday) or the Emergency Department (24/7). All visitors will be screened prior to entry in the hospital.
This is a rapidly evolving situation and restrictions may change. This page will be updated daily with the latest information.
The cafeteria is located on the ground floor of the hospital. It offers a wide array of hot and cold foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Items available for lunch and dinner include full meals, soups, sandwiches, salad bar, fruit, ice cream, snacks and desserts. Most items are available a la carte.
- Monday - Friday: 6:30 am - 8:30 am, 11:00 am - 1:30 pm, 4:30 pm - 6:00 pm
- Closed on weekends and holidays
Vending machines are located on the first floor near Administration and on the ground floor in the cafeteria.
If you speak a non-English language, call 812-532-2899 and you will be connected to the Clinical Supervisor who will assist you with interpreter services at no cost to you.
Si habla un idioma que no sea Inglés, llame al 812-532-2899 y se le comunicará al supervisor clínico que le ayudará con los servicios de intérprete sin costo para usted.
If you are in need of a hearing-impaired interpretation service, please contact the clinical supervisor at 812-532-2899. Highpoint Health offers a telecommunication device (TDD) for the hearing impaired.