Highpoint Health has updated its visitor policy
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we work together to keep everyone safe!
Effective Monday, June 1, one visitor may accompany a patient – as long as the patient isn’t suspected or confirmed COVID-19 – when receiving treatment in the following service areas:
- Emergency Department
- Outpatient Surgery
- Birthing Center
- Inpatient Rooms
Other areas of the hospital still not allowing visitors
Patients coming for outpatient visits and procedures are still not permitted to bring a visitor. This includes imaging, lab, diagnostic testing, PT/OT/Speech, and more. If you’re unsure about whether you can bring a visitor, please call the COVID-19 Information Line at 812-537-8210.
Visitors must meet specific requirements
If you’re visiting a patient in one of the four designated treatment areas, you must:
- be age 16 or older,
- remain in the patient’s room, and
- alert the nursing staff when leaving.
Please bear in mind that older patients with chronic medical conditions are at a higher risk of contracting COVID-19. Please review the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Indiana State Department of Health if you’re considering a visit.
Screening and Mask Guidelines
Please review, so you know what to expect when coming to the hospital.
- Visitors must wear masks at all times.
- Masks must fully cover the nose and mouth.
- Patients and visitors may bring their own masks. If they don’t have a face covering, one will be provided.
- All visitors are screened for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure history. Those with symptoms in the past 24 hours or exposure in the last 14 days, aren’t permitted to enter the hospital.
- Visitors refusing to wear a mask will not be allowed to enter the hospital.
- Visitors must wash their hands or use hand sanitizer before entering and after leaving a specific hospital room/treatment area or the hospital.
Hospital entry points and visiting hours
The hospital’s main lobby is open from 6:30 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Friday. Inpatient visiting hours are from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm daily. The Emergency Department is open 24/7. We understand these restrictions aren’t ideal, and we apologize for any inconvenience. Please remember we’re taking these actions to protect our patients, visitors and healthcare team.
COVID-19 is an evolving situation, and restrictions may change. Please check here for the latest information.